Thursday, 29 May 2014

How to run a business in Poland?

Since Poland is the member of the European Union – 1 st May, 2004 – there was entered a new legislation, about run a business in Poland by a foreigners.
Citizens from some of the county can use the legal act in the same way as Polish businessman, but some of them have to satisfy a special condition.

According to a polish legislation, a foreigners are the natural person, who doesn’t have a polish citizenship. This definition is included in a legal act, called „Ustawa z dnia 2 lipca 2004 r. o swobodzie działalności gospodarczej”.
Aforementioned legal act determines a rules of economic freedom joined with running a business in Poland.

 Foreigners, can run a business in the same rules what Polish, if there become from:
- Country, which is a member of European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Spain, Netherlands, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Germany, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Hungary, Italy, United Kingdom)
- Country, which is a member of European Free Trade Association (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein)
- Country, which Is not a member of EFTA, but they can use the economic freedom based on European Community agreement (Switzerland)

When the foreigners do not become from the country, which is aforementioned, they have to acquire:
- Settlement permit
- Long -term planning permission for a member of European Community
- Resident permit given for a period of time, in situation included in a ustawa z dnia 13 czerwca 2003 r. o cudzoziemcach,
- Resident permit given for a period of time to a join with the family
- Emigrant status
- Complementary security
- Tolerated residence permit
- Residence permit for a period of time and they stay in marriage with the polish citizenship in territory of Poland
The same rules are used about the foreigners, who:
- Use the temporary security
- Have the Pole’s Card
- Is a member of a family, and they want to join to polish citizen
The other of a foreigners cannot use the same rules, as a Polish Businessman. They can do a business activity only in:
- limited partnership (spółka komandytowa)
- ¬ limited joint-stock partnership (spółka komandytowo-akcyjna)
- limited liability company (spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością)
- Public company / public joint – stock company (spółka akcyjna)
Because of a different in form of a company, which is between polish law and in the other country, I wrote they polish meaning, next English name of the company.
Every type of a company I will describe in next article.

No comments:

Post a Comment